Titen HD® Mechanically Galvanized Heavy-Duty Screw Anchor
On This Page
The Titen HD heavy-duty screw anchor is a mechanically galvanized high-strength screw anchor for use in cracked and uncracked concrete, as well as uncracked masonry. Its proprietary heat treatment and ASTM B695 Class 65 mechanically galvanized coating make it ideal for both interior and exterior anchoring applications.
The Titen HD screw anchor is designed for a wide variety of applications such as sill plates, ledgers, post bases, seating, and other holdown applications. The screw anchor is easy to remove for use in temporary applications such as bracing and formwork, or when a fixture needs to be relocated.
- Head-stamped for easy identificaton
- Serrated teeth on the tip facilitates cutting and reduces installation torque
- Thread design undercuts to efficiently transfer the load to the base material
- Standard fractional sizes, hole size equals anchor size
- Specialized heat-treating process creates tip hardness for better cutting without compromising ductility
- Hex washer head requires no separate washer, unless required by code
- Fully and easily removable
- Code listed for exterior applications
- Carbon steel
- Mechanically galvanized
- Drill a hole in the base material using a carbide drill bit the same diameter as the nominal diameter of the anchor to be installed. Drill the hole to the specified embedment depth plus minimum hole depth overdrill (see table below) to allow the thread tapping dust to settle, and blow it clean using compressed air. (Overhead installations need not be blown clean.) Alternatively, drill the hole deep enough to accommodate embedment depth and the dust from drilling and tapping.
- Insert the anchor through the fixture and into the hole.
- Tighten the anchor into the base material until the hex-washer head contacts the fixture.
|Titen HD Diameter (in.)||Wrench Size (in.)||Recommended Fixture Hole Size (in.)||Min. Hole Depth Overdrill (in.)|
|Suggested fixture hole sizes are for structural steel thicker than 12 gauge only. Larger holes are not required for wood or thinner cold-formed steel members.|
|3/8||9/16||1/2 to 9/16||1/4|
|1/2||3/4||5/8 to 11/16||1/2|
|5/8||15/16||3/4 to 13/16||1/2|
|3/4||1 1/8||7/8 to 15/16||1/2|
- Holes in metal fixtures to be mounted should match the diameter specified in the table below.
- Use a Titen HD screw anchor one time only — installing the anchor multiple times may result in excessive thread wear and reduce load capacity.
- Do not use impact wrenches to install into hollow CMU.
- Oversized holes in base material will reduce or eliminate the mechanical interlock of the threads with the base material and reduce the anchor’s load capacity.
Design Information and Load Tables
- Anchoring Systems Technical and Installation Notes
- Anchor Designer™ Software for ACI 318, ETAG and CSA
- Connector-Anchor Selector
- Type 300 Series Mechanical Anchors
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Coating/Material||Size (in.)||Drill Bit Dia. (in.)||Wrench Size (in.)||Thread Length (in.)||Recommended Fixture Hole Size (in.)||Box Qty.||Carton Qty.|
|THD37300HMG||Mechanically Galvanized / Carbon Steel||3/8 x 3||3/8||9/16||2 1/2||1/2 to 9/16||50||200|
|THD37400HMG||Mechanically Galvanized / Carbon Steel||3/8 x 4||3/8||9/16||3 1/2||1/2 to 9/16||50||200|
|THD37500HMG||Mechanically Galvanized / Carbon Steel||3/8 x 5||3/8||9/16||4 1/2||1/2 to 9/16||50||100|
|THD37600HMG||Mechanically Galvanized / Carbon Steel||3/8 x 6||3/8||9/16||5 1/2||1/2 to 9/16||50||100|
|THD501200HMG||Mechanically Galvanized / Carbon Steel||1/2 x 12||1/2||3/4||5 1/2||5/8 to 11/16||5||20|
|THD50400HMG||Mechanically Galvanized / Carbon Steel||1/2 x 4||1/2||3/4||3 1/2||5/8 to 11/16||20||80|
|THD50500HMG||Mechanically Galvanized / Carbon Steel||1/2 x 5||1/2||3/4||4 1/2||5/8 to 11/16||20||80|
|THD50600HMG||Mechanically Galvanized / Carbon Steel||1/2 x 6||1/2||3/4||5 1/2||5/8 to 11/16||20||80|
|THD50612HMG||Mechanically Galvanized / Carbon Steel||1/2 x 6 1/2||1/2||3/4||5 1/2||5/8 to 11/16||20||40|
|THD50800HMG||Mechanically Galvanized / Carbon Steel||1/2 x 8||1/2||3/4||5 1/2||5/8 to 11/16||20||40|
|THD75100HMG||Mechanically Galvanized / Carbon Steel||3/4 x 10||3/4||1 1/8||5 1/2||7/8 to 15/16||5||10|
|THD75500HMG||Mechanically Galvanized / Carbon Steel||3/4 x 5||3/4||1 1/8||4 1/2||7/8 to 15/16||5||20|
|THD75812HMG||Mechanically Galvanized / Carbon Steel||3/4 x 8 1/2||3/4||1 1/8||5 1/2||7/8 to 15/16||5||10|
|THDB62100HMG||Mechanically Galvanized / Carbon Steel||5/8 x 10||5/8||15/16||5 1/2||3/4 to 13/16||10||20|
|THDB62500HMG||Mechanically Galvanized / Carbon Steel||5/8 x 5||5/8||15/16||4 1/2||3/4 to 13/16||10||40|
|THDB62600HMG||Mechanically Galvanized / Carbon Steel||5/8 x 6||5/8||15/16||5 1/2||3/4 to 13/16||10||40|
|THDB62612HMG||Mechanically Galvanized / Carbon Steel||5/8 x 6 1/2||5/8||15/16||5 1/2||3/4 to 13/16||10||40|
|THDB62800HMG||Mechanically Galvanized / Carbon Steel||5/8 x 8||5/8||15/16||5 1/2||3/4 to 13/16||10||20|
|THDT75600HMG||Mechanically Galvanized / Carbon Steel||3/4 x 6||3/4||1 1/8||4 1/2||7/8 to 15/16||5||20|
Code Reports & Compliance