Fastening Steel Decking Just Got Easier
The Quik Drive® BSD200G2 Structural Steel-Decking Attachment and the Quik Drive PROSDX150 Steel-Decking system are the only tools you need to fasten steel decking. The Quik Drive® BSD200G2 Structural Steel-Decking Attachment is the perfect choice for fastening wide-valley nestable steel deck to structural steel members where the maximum load values of the Strong-Drive® XL Large-Head Metal screw are required. The PROSDX150 is the multipurpose system for nestable or interlocking steel decking and side-lap stitching. The PROSDX150 can be loaded with the Strong-Drive XM Medium-Head Metal screw for interlocking steel deck applications, or one of the Strong-Drive Self-Drilling X Metal screws for side-lap stitching or coldformed steel framing.
The Quik Drive Advantage for Steel Decking
- Attaching steel decking with screws provides a strong connection like welding and power-actuated fasteners (PAF) provide, but with less hassle
- Testing has shown that Simpson Strong-Tie collated screws achieve some of the highest shear load values in the industry, ensuring a strong, secure connection
- Extension enables stand-up screw driving, saving time and increasing comfort
- Patented Quik Drive auto-feed mechanism provides hands-free screw advancement, eliminating the need to handle individual screws
- No special certification is required to operate Quik Drive systems
- Limited lifetime warranty on the Quik Drive system
Also see:Quik Drive Auto-Feed Screw Driving Systems Applications for Steel Decking
Why use screws instead of welding?
- Faster to install.
- Consistent screw installation streamlines the inspection process with no special inspections.
- Save time and money with painted decks; no need to repaint or touch up from welding.
- Reduce costs by eliminating the need for welding leads, welding rod, portable welders, fuel and certified welders.
- No deck burn-through around the weld perimeter.
Why use screws instead of pins?
- No under-driven pins at 4-layer deck corners.
- No special licensing or certifications are required to operate the Quik Drive auto-feed system, as are required with PAF solutions.
- Unlike daily PAT maintenance, Quik Drive systems do not require periodic cleaning.
- No need to cordon off below the active decking site. Quik Drive eliminates the ballistic safety hazard associated with PAF.
- Screws indicate when you missed the joist by not seating.
- No powder loads; track only one consumable — fasteners.
- Limited lifetime warranty on the Quik Drive system.
Quik Drive BSD200G2 Structural Steel-Decking Attachment
The Quik Drive® BSD200G2 Structural Steel-Decking Attachment is an auto-feed screw driving system designed for structural steel decking applications. It is the perfect choice for fastening wide-valley nestable steel deck to structural steel members where the maximum load values of the Strong-Drive XL Large-Head Metal screw are required.BSD200G2
Quik Drive PROSDX150 Steel-Decking System
The PROSDX150 is the multipurpose system for nestable or interlocking steel decking and side-lap stitching. The PROSDX150 can be loaded with the Strong-Drive XM Medium-Head Metal screw for interlocking steel deck applications, or one of the Self-Drilling X Metal screws for side-lap stitching or cold-formed steel framing.PROSDX150
Strong-Drive XL LARGE-HEAD and XM MEDIUM-HEAD METAL Screws
High-Performance Screw Alternative to Welds and Pins
Strong-Drive metal screws are load-tested and code-listed, allowing you to get the maximum load values for installation. Strong-Drive XL Large-Head Metal screws are the perfect choice when high shear or uplift resistance is required. Strong-Drive XM Medium-Head Metal screws, with their 1/2" washer head, are designed for narrow flutes commonly found on interlocking deck profiles. In high-strength decks (Fy= 50 ksi), these screws are excellent 1-for-1 replacements for pins. These screws can be used with Verco PunchLok II system or with ASC DeltaGrip system sidelap connections. The Strong-Drive Self-Drilling X Metal screw is your go-to screw for lighter-duty support fastening and stitching applications. These screws are available in bulk or collated for Quik Drive steel-decking systems.
Simpson Strong-Tie provides a full offering of code-listed fasteners for your next steel-decking job.
Strength in Numbers
Comparison testing shows that Strong-Drive XL Large-Head Metal screws and Strong-Drive XM Medium-Head Metal screws are stronger than many alternative fastener types in 33 ksi and 50 ksi steel decking.
Steel-Deck Diaphragm Calculator
The Steel-Deck Diaphragm Calculator web app offers optimized steel deck design solutions based on fastener and labor costs for a given shear and uplift. It can provide calculations for any solution generated. Generate diaphragm tables for various roof and floor decks using Simpson Strong-Tie fasteners. The app can also generate a submittal package that includes fastener information, code reports, Factory Mutual reports, Appendix VII and IX of DDM03, coating information and tools for installation. The app is accessible from any web browser and does not require downloading or installing special software. Users can:
- Save and upload input files.
- Design for multiple zones and develop solutions in either ASD or LRFD.
- Modify deck properties from the standard properties listed in SDI DDM03.
- Generate multiple cost- and labor-optimized solutions with calculations included.
- Generate tables in Nominal, ASD Wind, LRFD Wind, ASD Seismic or LRFD Seismic. Wind tables can include effects of upllift.
- Design for loads using the Strong-Drive XL Large-Head Metal screw, Strong-Drive XM Medium-Head Metal screw or Strong-Drive Self-Drilling X Metal screw (included in the optimization calculator).
- Design for additional structural patterns not covered in SDI DDM03.
- Access proprietary deck tables with the new Strong-Drive XM Medium-Head Metal screw.
Load tables are available on our website application for using Strong-Drive XM Medium-Head Metal screws on frequently used interlocking decks with their proprietary side-lap connections.
For more information regarding Strong-Drive XM Medium-Head Metal screw shear tables, refer to the Steel-Deck Diaphragm Calculator.